Holidays in Greece and the Peloponnese for the whole family? Book accommodation in a beautiful family home in Agios Nikolaos: enjoy the silence, tranquility and beautiful views.
The house is just 650 meters to Pantazi beach and within walking distance to tavernas and shops in the charming fishing village of Agios Nikolaos.
Object ID: AS1911, Oikogéneia Spiti, Agios Nikolaos, Messinia Mani
A comfortable and beautiful two-storey house in stone on 100 sqm located in the middle of the olive grove. A paradise for family and friends who want to enjoy the silence and the view of the magnificent Taygetos and the emerald blue Mediterranean. Do you need to work while you are here? No problem: fast internet is included in the rent.
The house can be rented throughout the year: there is a fireplace and oil elements for the winter time. Maybe you want to invest in Christmas celebrations without snow? Or fix remote assignments and enjoy winter months in the Peloponnese? In the picture below the promenade in March :).
On the ground floor you will find an open plan living room / kitchen and a bathroom (with washing machine and shower). Generous space with a fireplace, dining table and two large sofas, enough space for three people. From here you can walk out to a large veranda facing the garden.
On the second floor there are two bedrooms (comfortable double beds + fitted wardrobes) and a bathroom with bath. In one of the bedrooms, a double bed can be arranged for two single. Each bedroom has its own balcony overlooking the Great Blue and space for outdoor furniture.
You park the car comfortably at the house. Note that smoking indoors is prohibited!
- Nearest beach and taverns: 650 meter
- Nearest grocery store: 1,5 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows the area
Prices for max up to 4 persons and payment terms
The shortest stay is 4 nights and upon booking a deposit of 30% of the total price is payable. Payment is by bank transfer. The deposit is refundable if canceled no later than 60 days prior to arrival. After that, the deposit is not refunded. The remaining amount is paid by bank transfer 60 days before arrival. Are you more than four people? For each additional person, 10 is billed per day per person.
- November to May: 114 euros per day or 2880 euros per month. Please note that heating costs are added!
- June: 125 Euro per day or 2900 Euro per month
- July: 135 Euro per day
- August: 150 Euro per day
Check-in time 14.30, check out at 11.30 (or by arrangement). Please note that the GPS link to the house can be found in your booking confirmation, the link below only refers to the area. Do you want to book the house for more than two weeks or longer than a month? Get in touch via email then you get a separate quote. The price includes cleaning once a week, however, not change of linen or towels.
The area: Peloponnese and Agios Nikolaos
On the southern coast of Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is this beautiful and unspoilt little fishing village.
Perfect destinations for those who want to leave the stressful everyday life behind you and here are hot, beautiful summers and mild winters. Agios Nikolaos also used to be called Selinitsa, which means "little moon" or little Eleni: "Selinitsa, the moon roars when it's your name, while Paris caresses Eleni". According to the story when Paris and Helena (Eleni in Greek) decided to escape from Sparta, just the port of Agios Nikolaos they fled to and from there they sailed to Troy.
Agios Nikolaos has a lot of tavernas and cafes that are open all year round and all are around the harbor. In the village you will also find: hospital, pharmacy, ATM, two supermarket, patisserie, butcher, bike rental and gas station. Everything you need for the moment.
The nearest sandy beaches are Voulimeneas and Pantazi but there are more places for those who like to swim, snorkel or sunbathe:
- Katafigio and Plakes beach (on the way to Trahila). In Katafigio, about 500 meters from the village of Agios Dimitrios, spectacular beach with horizontal stone slabs and stones (absolutely not child friendly)
- Stoupa Beach (Stoupa). Beautiful sandy beach in Stoupa, located just off the main street. Easily accessible restaurants and cafes. Family-friendly beach
- Kalogria beach (Stoupa). Kalogria's sandy beach is the most famous in the region and there are also two beach bars, restaurants, sun loungers with umbrellas, paddle boats and shallow waters that are ideal for children. The house where the famous Greek writer Nikos Kazantzakis lived when he wrote the book about Zorba is located right on the Kalogria beach
- Dolphins Beach (Kardamyli). Situated between Stoupa and Kardamyli, this beach is set in a beautiful bay of turquoise waters. The beach has nice sand and pebbles and the water is almost always calm because the bay protects it
Test local activities
We cooperate with Greek entrepreneurs and constantly update the information with different packages and offers. Read more on the page "Find activities in Greece and Mani". Do not find what you are looking for or want help with organizing family reunions? Feel free to contact Elwira. On the blog, we also tell you about interesting places in the immediate area: "Tips about Peloponnese".
Travel to Agios Nikolaos
During the period March to October, you can fly directly to Kalamata from Stockholm or Copenhagen (kTime table on Aegean Airlines). If you choose to arrive at Koroni during the period November - February, when there is no direct flight to Kalamata Airport from Scandinavia, you can choose Athens as a flight destination and then you need to count on about 3,5 hours of car or bus travel from Athens Airport.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form on the page, please remember to enter an item at the time of booking! If you would like more information about the process of renting a house or apartment via Houses in Greece, please read the FAQ "For those who want to rent in Greece".