Buy a small house close to Peloponnese's most beautiful beaches, a carefully renovated bungalow with great development opportunities and walking distance to tavernas and beaches.
The house is ready to move in and also has capacity for your own interior design and development. With the price the house will be sold, you still get value for money if you want to sell it after a few years. A good investment quite easily!
Until last May we have 2020 exclusive rights to the sale so do not hesitate for too long: rarely in this area are houses in this quality and price range. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."- Jim Rohn
Object ID: EKJ1817, Lefktron, Stoupa, Messinia Mani
The house was built in the lush and fragrant olive groves: balance and silence but close to all amenities. Approximately 2 km to the beach, taverns, pharmacy and grocery stores: park your car and bike or walk!
The house is on 75 sqm and was renovated carefully during the last years. One of the latest development projects the owner made was to build a sea view terrace: we promise magnificent sunsets! The house has two bedrooms, one bathroom and an open plan kitchen / living room. Compact house designed like an English picturesque cottage.
The living room has two entrances: one is the main entrance and the other overlooks the garden. From the second one you have access to a nice and shaded outdoor terrace. It should be easy to serve dinners outdoors!
The kitchen is compact, easy to clean and has room for everything you need. The kitchen was designed by the owner and built by local carpenters focusing on high quality for the final finish and the small details.
The bathroom is bright and modern with a small window. In recent years, the owner had mounted on the shower wall some glass blocks for the extra light input. Here, too, the space was carefully managed: there is room for a storage cupboard and for a bathroom cabinet with good lighting.
- The house has A / C (for both cold and hot air) in both bedrooms and in the living room
- An extra heating option is a smaller stove in the living room that heats the whole house with "good" heat. The wood for the stove is smartly stored under the house where you will also find an extra water tank (1000 liter) and water pump
- The bungalow is sold including all furniture, appliances, flat screen TV and kitchen utensils: you do not have to plan to visit IKEA to buy cutlery and wine glasses and can start your first holiday from day one
In the garden there is plenty of space for a pool or a guest house: you have the right to build up to 200 sqm and we can help you get in touch with both a local architect and a local builder with a good reputation
- At present you will find in the garden 20 olive trees which annually produce about 80 liters of oil: 4 liters per tree
- There is parking space for 2 or 3 cars at the gravel corridor
- The entire property is easy to fence as your nearest neighbor has already set up a fence on the longest side of the plot
Other facts you should know about
- Building year: 1960
- Recent renovation: house facade 2019, kitchen 2014, view terrace 2011
- Livingspace: 75 sqm (can be built up to 200 sqm)
- Plot: 450 square with 20 olive trees and various bushes
- Nearest beach and taverns: Stoupa, 1,5 km
- Nearest grocery store: Katerina Market 2 km
- Kalamata Airport: 55 km
- Athens airport: 3,5 hours by car
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
About the area: Peloponnese and Stoupa
On the southern coast of Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or about 3,5 hour drive from Athens International Airport) lies the beautiful and unspoiled village of Stoupa with warm, beautiful summers and mild winters.
With two lovely sandy golden beaches (as well as several smaller beaches), this once-sleepy village has become more and more popular as a tourist destination, yet has left the true Greece. There are about 20 tavernas and restaurants along the seafront where you can enjoy delicious local and traditional Greek dishes.
Stoupa is located in a fascinating area called Mani. This is the only part of Greece never conquered by intruders. The people, Maniots, built towerhouses (called Mani Towers) where they took shelter under the countless local feudes fought here. Some of these Mani Towers have been restored and can still be seen in the area.
The author Nikos Kazantzakis who wrote Zorba the Greek when he lived here and his statue can be seen looking over the Kalogrias border. For history lovers, Stoupa is ideally located for visiting such fascinating places as Olympia and Mystras - or you can just sit on the beach or in a taverna and sip an ouzo with locals!
Travel to Stoupa
During the period March to October, you can fly directly to Kalamata from Stockholm or Copenhagen (check out times at the Aegean ). If you choose to come to Stoupa during the period November - February where there are no direct flights to Kalamata airport from Scandinavia, you can choose Athens as a flight destination and then you need to expect about 3,5 hours drive from Athens airport.
Contact me at email@example.com or fill in Interest report for buyers. You can even reach me 0046:703247949. For more information about the process of buying in Greece, read FAQ "For those who want to buy real estate in Greece". We have also gathered for you some extra tips on the blog: see Tips for home buyers in Greece or Move to the Greece story.