Permanent or summer residence? This well-kept house and garden with fruit and vegetable gardening can offer you an extra income: on the ground floor there is an independent two-bedroom apartment which is currently rented for 100 Euro per night during high season. And the garden will be loved by both you and yours rental guest!
The house is situated on a large plot (with the possibility to build a swimming pool) and thanks to the well-grown garden, combined private location with proximity to neighbors. We can guarantee that you will not regret the view: here you see the majestic snow-capped Taygetos mountains and a clear azure water at one and the same time! "Life is really easy, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius
Object ID: EKJ1511, Frigano, Stoupa, Messinia Mani
The property was completed in 2007 and the site is a total of 2000 sqm. The house is built on three floors, has a total living space of 204 sqm, four bedrooms and two bathrooms. A different and exciting house design that combines traditional stone houses with modern house details.
The house is located just outside of Stoupa in a quiet and well maintained area with many international neighbors and good internet connection (24 mbps).
- Ground floor consists of a private apartment with kitchen, open living room, shower room / toilet and 2 bedrooms (of which 1 room with AC) and is rentable. The apartment also has a washing machine, a small storage room for suitcases etc as well as its own patio. Today the apartment is rented out for 100 Euro / night during high season. The apartment can be rented even in winter: central heating with oil.
- The mezzanine has a kitchen and living room with fireplace and a spacious toilet (with possibility to mount a shower) and a small storage room. The kitchen has a dishwasher and an integrated oven. The whole floor feels very airy and bright. You walk from the kitchen to a generous balcony that runs around the entire floor. Spectacular sunsets just before the evenings are promised!
- The upstairs consists of 2 large bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and A / C as well as a large bathroom with washing machine. Both bedrooms have private balconies and terraces overlooking the Gulf of Messina
The house has central heating (oil) as well as solar energy for hot water (there is also electricity that can heat the days when the sun does not shine). The purchase includes all the fittings in the house and the furnitures in the apartment on the ground floor.
There are three large patios, of which the outside of the apartment is used regularly for social purposes. There is also a large shaded carport at the entrance of the property. On the plot there is room for total 4 cars. In the garden there is also a boule course that is great for replacing with a pool.
The entire property is surrounded by a stone wall. The garden is surrounded by oleander and there are 30 large olive trees (yields about 100 liters of olive oil per year), 4 lemon trees, 3 orange trees, 1 peach tree, 1 grapefruit tree and 1 apricot tree. There are also vines in the garden with both red and white grapes. In the garden there is also a small vegetable land with potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and zucchini. Beneficial housing and heating costs: property tax 480 Euro / year and oil consumption 600 liters per year.
Other facts you should know about
- Building year: 2007
- Recent renovation: the entire house facade is painted regularly and kitchen appliances changed in 2020
- Livingspace: 204 sqm
- Plot: 2000 sqm
- Beach: nearest beaches, Stoupa (sandy beach) and Agios Nikolaos (stone beach). Both about 1,5 km fr. house
- Kalamata Airport: 60 minutes by car
- Athens airport: 3,5 hours by car
- Distance to nearest golf course: about 2 hours by car
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
About the area: Peloponnese and Stoupa
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 55 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or about 3,5 hour drive from Athens International Airport) lies the beautiful and unspoiled village of Stoupa with warm, beautiful summers and mild winters.
With two lovely sandy golden beaches (as well as several smaller beaches), this once-sleepy village has become more and more popular as a tourist destination, yet has left the true Greece. There are about 20 tavernas and restaurants along the seafront where you can enjoy delicious local and traditional Greek dishes.
Stoupa is located in a fascinating area called Mani. This is the only part of Greece never conquered by intruders. The people, Maniots, built towerhouses (called Mani Towers) where they took shelter under the countless local feudes fought here. Some of these Mani Towers have been restored and can still be seen in the area.
The author Nikos Kazantzakis who wrote Zorba the Greek when he lived here and his statue can be seen looking over the Kalogrias border. For history lovers, Stoupa is ideally located for visiting such fascinating places as Olympia and Mystras - or you can just sit on the beach or in a taverna and sip an ouzo with locals!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in Interest report for buyers. For more information about the process of buying in Greece, read FAQ "For those who want to buy real estate in Greece". We have also gathered for you some extra tips on the blog: see Tips for home buyers in Greece or Move to the Greece story.