Realize your dreams and build your own house in Greece! Interesting plot with sea view, walking distance to tavernas, about 2 km to the beach in Agios Nikolaos and a beautiful olive grove.
"If a home doesn't have a garden and an old tree, I don't understand where the joys of life would come from" - Lao-Tse
Object ID: EKJ1818, Agios Nikolaos, Messinia Mani
A plot of land on 2292 sqm with a sought after location: only 600 meters to the charming fishing village of Agios Nikolaos and about 2,5 km to Pantazi beach. Excellent investment even for those planning to start working with rental!
You can build one or more houses: you have a building permit up to 200 sqm. To enjoy the sea view you will need to build two-storey houses.
In addition to the fantastic sea view, you can find on the plot 70 producing olive trees and you can count on about 500 liters of "the green gold" per year. The plot has water, electricity and a telephone line.
How much olive oil can you count on? Varies from year to year but from this plot you can expect about 500 liters of olive oil per year
We can also help you find local builders and architects you can use for the job. Read about our partners here
Other facts you should know about
- Plot: 2292 sqm
- Building Permits: up to 200 sqm
- Nearest Beach: Pantazi 2,5 km, Stoupa 4 km
- Nearest taverns and store: 600 meter
- Kalamata Airport: 57 km
- Athens airport: 3,5 hours by car
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
The area: Peloponnese and Agios Nikolaos
On the southern coast of Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is this beautiful and unspoilt little fishing village.
Perfect destinations for those who want to leave the stressful everyday life behind you and here are hot, beautiful summers and mild winters. Agios Nikolaos also used to be called Selinitsa, which means "little moon" or little Eleni: "Selinitsa, the moon roars when it's your name, while Paris caresses Eleni". According to the story when Paris and Helena (Eleni in Greek) decided to escape from Sparta, just the port of Agios Nikolaos they fled to and from there they sailed to Troy.
Agios Nikolaos has a lot of tavernas and cafes that are open all year round and all are around the harbor. In the village you will also find: hospital, pharmacy, ATM, two supermarket, patisserie, butcher, bike rental and gas station. Everything you need for the moment.
The nearest sandy beaches are Voulimeneas and Pantazi but there are more places for those who like to swim, snorkel or sunbathe:
- Katafigio and Plakes beach (on the way to Trachila). In Katafigio, about 500 meters from the village of Agios Dimitrios, spectacular beach with horizontal stone slabs and stones (absolutely not child friendly)
- Stoupa Beach (Stoupa). Beautiful sandy beach in Stoupa, located just off the main street. Easily accessible restaurants and cafes. Family-friendly beach
- Kalogria beach (Stoupa). Kalogria's sandy beach is the most famous in the region and there are also two beach bars, restaurants, sun loungers with umbrellas, paddle boats and shallow waters that are ideal for children. The house where the famous Greek writer Nikos Kazantzakis lived when he wrote the book about Zorba is located right on the Kalogria beach
- Dolphins Beach (Kardamyli). Situated between Stoupa and Kardamyli, this beach is set in a beautiful bay of turquoise waters. The beach has nice sand and pebbles and the water is almost always calm because the bay protects it