One week or 6 months: rent an architect-designed house with mighty views of the olive groves and only 30 km to beautiful beaches in Messinia, Peloponnese, Greece. The villa is located in an olive grove of 15000 sqm: a fantastic idyll, relaxation and peace, the rustle and views of the olive trees that will inspire many. The house can be booked for up to 4 people and here you can come with your four-legged friend: pets are allowed! The landlord speaks Swedish, English and Greek and is happy to give you tips about the local area. Below are photos from your nearest beach that can be reached in about 25 minutes.
Object ID: HSA2008, “Ithaka”, Kalliroi, County
The house is built in two half floors connected by a half staircase of five steps. The level difference between the two levels is 1,2 m. In the house you will find:
- A bedroom with 1 double bed that can easily be separated into two single beds
- One bedroom with 1 single bed
- A bathroom
- A bedroom with 1 single bed that can be removed if you want to stay here for a longer period and use the room as an office. This bedroom has its own shower, toilet and shaded terrace
- Open plan kitchen / living room with a glass door fitted wood stove that spreads heat to other rooms
In the corridors there are cupboards and a washing machine. Natural cross ventilation means that you will not need A / C. The house has utensils for 6 people as well as enough towels and bed linen for a change.
Prices in euros + payment terms for short-term rental
Note 2020: due to the uncertain Covid19 times: you can get the deposit back regardless of when you cancel your stay
The minimum stay is 1 week. When booking, 30% of the rent (registration fee) must be paid immediately via bank. This part of the payment will be refunded in full if the guest cancels within 60 days. Thereafter, there is no refund of the registration fee. The remaining 70% must be paid no later than 30 days before arrival at the house. If this does not happen, the owner of the house has the right to rent to another guest without refunding the registration fee. If the house is booked less than 30 days before the day of arrival, the full rent must be paid immediately. Check-in up to 22.00, check-out at 09.00 or by appointment.
- High season (June-September): 250 € per week or 800 € for 4 weeks
- Other time of year: 200 € per week or 600 € for 4 weeks
The rent includes consumption of electricity and water. Fee for cleaning once a week will be added with 30 € to be paid in connection with the final rent is paid. Cleaning includes change of sheets and towels.
Prices in euros and per month + payment terms for long-term rental
You can rent the house for two, three or six months. The price is 500 euros per month. Cleaning (€ 30 once a week), water and electricity consumption will be added. You pay one month in advance, one month in deposit and after that month after month. The deposit will be refunded on the day of check-out. Contact us for booking conditions.
Useful information and links:
- Nearest Beach: approx. 30 km
- Nearest tavern: approx. 5 km
- Nearest supermarket and community: Meligalas ca 7 km
- Kalamata Airport: approx. 33 km
- Athens airport: approx. 247 km
- Peloponnese's travel and visiting tips from Elwira and Elias
- Travel to Messinia by bus or rental car from Athens Airport
- Travel to Messinia by flight from / to Kalamata
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
Messinia County, Peloponnese, Greece
Peloponnese: Classical Greece (although it was not an island but a peninsula until the Corinth Canal was completed in 1893). This peninsula is full of history and the places are close to each other. It was here that a large part of ancient history began and in the Iliad more than 20 places from the Peloponnese are mentioned. Messinia County is made up of several different municipalities with small genuine Greek communities, all west of Kalamata. The popular beaches and resorts Koroni, Methoni and Pylos is close and despite the winding roads it does not take very long to get around that part of Messinia.