For sale in beautiful Mani, Peloponnese: a charming stone house with development opportunities and a plot large enough to build a pool. From the house's generous terrace upstairs you can view the beautiful Mediterranean and majestic Taygetos: enjoy just being! "I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. ”- JRR Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Property ID: EKJ1859, Neochori, Stoupa, Mani
A charming and well-kept stone house built in Mani style that is best suited for those who wants to quickly enjoy the sun and sea on the Peloponnese. You can move in immediately and find pleasure in the simple and minimalist or refurnish and plan from scratch. The house can be seen as a multi-year development project: you can adapt and shape the inside and outside, build a kitchen garden, build a pool or why not another tower house?
- Ground floor (42 sqm): a classic terrace (approx. 10 sqm) surrounded by flowering shrubs, with stone arches characteristic of the area, small hall with wooden and metal stairs to the upper floor, 2 bedrooms (with access to the garden), a bathroom with shower and washing machine.
- Upstairs (42 sqm): open plan kitchen / living room, plenty of light, exit to an approximately 10 sqm large terrace with 360 degree views of the sea and Taygetos.
In the village you will find 2 taverns, 2 bakeries and a small supermarket: everything you need for the moment! Several taverns, shops, pharmacies and doctors are only 3,5 km away.
Other facts you should know about
- Price: € 117000
- Building year: 2003
- Energy certificate: will be updated shortly
- renovated: ongoing maintenance over the years
- Livingspace: 84 sqm with the possibility to expand with 112 sqm, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, living room / kitchen, terrace
- Plot: 452,80 sqm with 1 lemon tree, 10 olive trees and various spices and shrubs
- Nearest Beach: Stoupa around 4 km, Pantazi around 4,5 km
- Kalamata Airport: 57 km
- Athens airport: 3,5 hours by car
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Neochori, Stoupa, Messinia Mani, Peloponnese, Greece
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or about 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is the unspoilt village of Stoupa with warm, glorious summers and mild winters. With two lovely sandy golden beaches (as well as several smaller beaches), this once sleepy village has become more and more popular as a tourist destination but still retains the genuine Greece.
Stoupa is located in a fascinating area called Mani. This is the only part of Greece never conquered by intruders. The people, Maniots, built towerhouses (called Mani Towers) where they took shelter under the countless local feudes fought here. Some of these Mani Towers have been restored and can still be seen in the area.
For history lovers, Stoupa is ideally located for visiting such fascinating places as Olympia, Mystras or Ancient Messini. Do you want to read more about the region's history?