A large house close to quiet beaches (about 3 km) and the lively Kalamata (about 20 min by bus or car). Perfect choice for you who just want to chill and relax. Here you can rest, work from your home office (fiber network available) and become a regular at the local tavern (walking distance from the house) which serves traditional Greek food. Your Greek home is only 27 km to the airport in Kalamata! Traditional stone house on two floors and 196 sqm with low operating costs, smart and large areas and generous balconies under roof. The house is located on a 252 sqm fenced plot with a spacious courtyard and a large storage of about 20 sqm.
Object ID: EKJ1811, Megali Manteinia, Avia
- a storage room (17,5 sqm) with washing machine, extra fridge and freezer as well as space for tables and chairs. Entrance to the kitchen and stone stairs to the second floor
- a large kitchen (18 sqm) with fridge / freezer, stove, dining table and a wood-burning stove that heats the entire floor
- a large room (22,2 sqm) which is currently used as an office / living room with interior stairs to the second floor and with access to the balcony
- a room (25,3 sqm) with exit to the balcony that is used today as an extra living room
- a cozy room (11,4 sqm) with exit to the balcony and with a wood stove that heats the entire floor
- two bedrooms (14,2 sqm + 10,2 sqm), one of them with fireplace
- a bathroom (6,7 sqm) with both shower and bath
- a small hallway with exit to the veranda facing the sea
The price also includes an allotment garden of 376,37 sqm which is only a five minute walk from the house. In the garden you will find 12 olive trees, 3 fruit trees and large areas for growing vegetables. The farm was established 10 years ago and is very productive and has a wonderful sea view of Kalamata.
Other facts you should know about
- Price: 159000 €, bids accepted
- Building year: 1950
- Energy certificate: H
- Renovation: 2005
- Livingspace: 196 sqm
- Plot: 252 sqm + 376 sqm
- Nearest beaches: Santova 2.9 km, Avia 4 km, Akrogiali 5 km, Archontiko 5,3 km and more
- Nearest tavern: 3 with walking distance and several by the beaches
- Nearest bus stop: walking distance from the house
- Kalamata Marina: approx. 15 km
- Golf Costa Navarino: approx. 72 km
- Kalamata Airport: 27 km
- Athens airport: 282 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Messinia Avia, Peloponnese, Greece
Peloponnese: Classical Greece (although it was not an island but a peninsula until the Corinth Canal was completed in 1893). The Peloponnese is a place of phenomenal and varied beauty with high snow-capped mountains, orchards and river valleys as well as fine beaches. This peninsula is full of history and the places are close to each other. It was here that a large part of ancient history began and in the Iliad more than 20 places from the Peloponnese are mentioned.
Just 10 minutes drive and about 15 km southeast of Kalamata lies Avia Messinia with its rugged beautiful scenery and with stunning panoramic views of the blue and turquoise crystal clear waters of Messinia Bay. The name comes from the mythological king of Messenia Kresphontis, which named the area after Hercules daughter Avia.
In the area there are small communities Avia, Akrogiali and Megali Mantineia with fantastic views from Taygetos over the Mediterranean and Kalamata. Because the area is hilly and the beaches are close to the mountains, you will not find any classic sandy beaches here as in other areas. Here there are rocky beaches and coves preferred by many Greeks.
The entire coastline all the way down to Mani is very sailing-friendly and it is also possible to quickly sail over to the western side of the Gulf of Messina or around to the southeastern parts of the Peloponnese. Do you want to read more about the region's history? Go to our sister site: Guide to the Peloponnese or read more about our other areas.