Stylish castle, stone house in Manistil, storey garden, uninterrupted sea views, qualitative house finish and tranquility: a house beyond the ordinary! The house is located in a quiet residential area and walking distance to the sandy beaches of Stoupa. This house was built by the best stone houses in Mani and Athens and all the tiles were shipped from Italy. Handmade mosaic details in the house and on the terrace, custom-made kitchen and copper fan, a fireplace covered with marble: here you did not skimp on details and quality!
The house was built on three floors and can be a perfect family home or an exclusive rental business. There is plenty of room for breakfast services both inside and outside and many social spaces for meditation or yoga. In the large garden you can also easily find space for a pool.
Property ID: EKJ1808, Lefktro, Stoupa, Mani
Upstairs (in the tower) 40 sqm:
- a large bedroom with built-in wardrobes, fireplace and stylish details on the walls
- a bright and generous bathroom with stylish tile patterns
- stone staircase to the first floor
First floor (main entrance) 88 sqm:
- a hall
- a toilet
- a living room with a large fireplace
- exit to a large and sunny terrace
- a kitchen (with bar counter) on a raised level and space for the pantry
- a wide marble staircase to the ground floor
Ground floor (with exit to the porch and BBQ area) 82 sqm:
- a hall with built-in cupboard under the stairs
- two double bedrooms with exit to a large veranda
- a double bedroom with a separate entrance from the BBQ area
- a single bedroom with window to the garden
At the paved entrance and the parking space you will also find a storage room / workshop of 50 sqm which can easily be converted into a separate studio. Electricity and water are already included. The house is heated with oil elements and there is municipal water.
Other facts you should know about
- Price: 880000
- Building year: 1994 + ongoing maintenance over the years
- Energy certificate: E
- Livingspace: 260 sqm
- Plot: 2600 sqm with various fruit (mandarin, orange, lemon, apricot, fig) and olive trees
- Nearest Beach: Stoupa 800 meters walk, 1,3 km by car
- Kalamata Airport: 56 km
- Athens airport: 3,5 hours by car
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Lefktro, Stoupa, Messinia Mani, Peloponnese, Greece
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or about 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is the beautiful and unspoilt village of Stoupa with warm, glorious summers and mild winters. With two lovely sandy golden beaches (as well as several smaller beaches), this once sleepy village has become more and more popular as a tourist destination but still retains the genuine Greece. There are about 20 taverns and restaurants along the promenade where you can enjoy delicious local and traditional Greek cuisine.
Stoupa is located in a fascinating area called Mani. This is the only part of Greece that has never been conquered by invaders. The population, the Maniots, built tower houses (so-called Mani towers) where they took shelter during the countless local feuds that were fought here. Some of these Mani towers have been restored and can still be seen in the area. The author Nikos Kazantzakis who wrote Zorba the Greek when he lived here and his statue can be seen looking over Kalogria beach. For history lovers, Stoupa is ideally located for visiting such fascinating places as Olympia and Mystras - or you can just sit on the beach or in a tavern and sip an ouzo with the locals!