NOTE! Quotation accepted: sale in progress
For sale a stone house in traditional Mani style with a guest apartment in the tower and a dream garden as well as a patio and space for a pool. A dream location for those who want to park their car and walk to the beach, taverns and other amenities in the nearby charming fishing village of Agios Nikolaos. The house is located in a popular area with international neighbors but thanks to the large plot and a smart garden planning, the house offers a secluded and private location.
From the tower's large veranda you can view both the Mediterranean Sea and Taygeto's beautiful peaks. “Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ”- George Bernard Shaw
Property ID: EKJ1858, Riglia, Messinia Mani
The house is built on two floors and consists of:
- First floor (110 sqm): open plan kitchen / living room (with a large fireplace), a storage room, smaller hall, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom with shower. Exit to the garden from the larger bedroom and a terrace adjacent to the kitchen / entrance to the floor
- Second floor (27 sqm): reached via a comfortable stone staircase. This guest studio has a bedroom with a kitchenette and a bathroom with a shower. A reasonably large porch with space for outdoor furniture and adorable views of the ocean and Taygetos
The garden consists of two fenced gardens. The first garden, on which the house is built, is 440 sqm and here is space for a beautiful patio (with wooden deck) which is protected by a pergola, a BBQ and an extra water tank of 1000 liters. Behind a beautiful gate is the second garden which is 350 sqm. Atmospheric seating and rest areas were arranged here. Perfect for you who want to build a pool with patio.
Other facts you should know about
- Price: 230000 €, bids accepted
- Building year: 2007
- Energy certificate: will be updated shortly
- Livingspace: 110 sqm + 27 sqm guest apartment. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.
- Plot: 730 sqm with 16 olive trees (about 35 liters of olive oil each year), orange trees, lemon trees and figs and various kitchen spices
- Nearest Beach: Pantazi Beach about 1 km
- Nearest grocery store and taverns: approx. 2 km
- Kalamata: approx. 52 km
- Kalamata Airport: approx. 60 km
- Athens Airport: approx. 325 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows the area
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Riglia, Agios Nikolaos, Messinia Mani, Peloponnese, Greece
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is this beautiful and unspoilt small fishing village. Perfect destination for you who want to leave the stressful everyday life behind you and here are warm, wonderful summers and mild winters. The village was also called Selinitsa, which means "little moon" or little Eleni: "Selinitsa, the moon shakes when it hears your name, while Paris caresses Eleni". According to history, when Paris and Helena (Eleni in Greek) decided to escape from Sparta, the port of Agios Nikolaos was the one they fled to and from here they sailed on to Troy.
Agios Nikolaos has a lot of taverns and cafes that are open all year round and all are located around the harbor. In the village you will also find: hospital, pharmacy, ATM, two supermarkets, patisserie, butcher, bike rental and gas station. Everything you need for the moment. The nearest sandy beaches are Voulimeneas and Pantazi but there are more places for those who love to swim, snorkel or sunbathe.