Holidays in your own castle in Greece? Book "Manitornet": only 2,5 hours drive from Kalamata Airport! In the historic environments of the tower, you and your friends can make memorable inner and outer journeys. Long breakfasts with nice relaxation by the pool and interesting excursions in the afternoons: "all animals, except man, know that the main meaning of life is to enjoy it", Samuel Butler. Manitornet ”is a beautifully renovated tower house from the 1800th century. Tasteful furnishings with historic details, high-quality furniture, beds and sofas and caring landlords.
Comfortable and private patio with pool and BBQ area: here you can be yourself for a while. Forget the laundry, the dishes and the cleaning: full service is included in the price! Throughout your visit, fresh eggs, homemade bread, homemade butter, cheese and jam are also delivered: organic and tasty. Do you not want to cook your own food in the kitchen or on your own barbecue in the garden? No problem: you can dine at the nearby first-class hotel Hotel Citta dei Nicliani (same owner) or take a walk to the local tavern in the village of Stavri. In the "Manitornet" there is room for up to six people. For those who have the job with you: well-functioning WiFi even in the pool area! Do you want to organize your own private BBQ party? The landlords help with everything you need: from marinated skewers to Greek salad. The pool is 2,10 meters deep and 7 meters long: good swimming training before the barbecue!
Object ID UKM1906: "Manitornet", Koita
- At the ground floor you will find a bedroom with two comfortable beds (24 sqm), the kitchen with dining area (27 sqm), large bathroom, exit to the patio, the pool (3 × 7 meters) and BBQ area
- Upstairs consists of a large living room with fireplace (30 sqm) and with access to a patio / porch. Upstairs: one bedroom suite, one bathroom and sleeping alcove (a mezzanine) with two beds (37 sqm)
Prices per night and booking conditions
You can book "Manitornet" from May 1 to the end of September. Do you want to book after the last September or before the 1st of May? The price is provided on request. NOTE! Price offer: stay 7 nights and pay for 5!
- May, June, September: 250 €
- July: 300 €
- August: 400 €
Rates include cleaning every third day, use of WiFi and air conditioning, laundry service as well as refills of fresh bread, eggs, cheese and butter for your breakfasts. You pay 50% deposit via bank transfer and the remaining amount 1 day before arrival via bank card or cash. You can cancel your reservation free of charge 30 days before arrival. If you cancel later than that, the deposit will not be refunded. NOTE: You can get 10% discount if you choose a non-cancellable option!
Useful information and links
- Caves of Diros. About 30 minutes, more information under the link (English)
- Vathia, the forgotten city. About 30 minutes, more information under the link (Swedish)
- Gerolimenas beach. About 12 minutes, see photos from the village and the beach under the link
- Alypa Beach. About 50 minutes, more information under the link (English)
- Cape Tenaro, entrance to Hades' world. About 40 minutes, more information under the link (English)
- Mystras. About 1,5 hours, more information under the link (English)
- Monemvasia. About 2 hours, more information under the link (Swedish)
- Book transfer: Kalamata airport is 115 km away and you can book transfers at the time of booking
- Travel to Messinia by bus or rental car from Athens Airport
- Travel to Messinia by flight from / to Kalamata
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
Koita, Laconia, Peloponnese, Greece
The Lakonia (Greek Λακωνία) borders north to Arcadia, to the east to the Argolic Gulf, to the west to the Messenian and Messenic Gulf and the main town is Sparta. The Spartans, among other things, were notorious because they placed great emphasis on expressing themselves briefly and richly in their conversations. From here, the noun laconism (Greek laconism) and the adjective laconic have emerged as a term for a short, core expression of great importance (more about Sparta here). The landscape is completely unique in its kind: barren mountain ranges, spectacular coastline, the famous tower houses and genuine Greek atmosphere in the villages.
Take plenty of time to explore Inner Mania: the drive along the coastal road is beautiful, and you will come across several good beaches, some with sand, others with rocks. There are some nice coves and beaches all the way south, but Laconia is mostly for you who like to walk, explore and discover in peace and quiet. Spring is the best time of the year for this and is really more of a "high season" than summer here.