NOTE! Quotation accepted: sale in progress
Buy a picturesque house in sunny Greece close (2 km) to Pantazi beach! Enjoy the rooftop terrace, which offers 360-degree views, and the Mediterranean garden with paved patios and corridors. Whether you want to spend the summers here or can / want to live more permanently: the beautiful and quiet environment will help you discover your creative side. "The way we spend our time defines who we are", Jonathan Estrin. An unusual house with charm and character, a secret garden behind the closed gate, a refuge for our stressed souls simply! And not to forget: you reach the beach in about 15-20 minutes walk through the lush olive groves.
You park your car comfortably by the main road and you reach the house via a narrow alley with an enchantingly beautiful greenery. Over 250 years ago, this time had been used for the first time: who knows what story is around you? The house was carefully renovated and even though the renovation work has been completed, there is still room for your own ideas and development plans. The original tower, which was built in 1771, was three storeys high and since the first owners erected the tower only to the second level, you can apply for a building permit for one more floor. What you see is what you get: ready to move in immediately!
Property ID: EKJ1830, Riglia, Messinia Mani
To the left of the entrance gate, in the narrower tower you will find a storage room. Here you can decorate and prepare for an extra bedroom with private bathroom: the water pipes are already on site! From the paved passion and a few steps higher you reach a porch lined with beautiful flowers and exit to:
- a roof terrace (accessed via a metal spiral staircase)
- a guest accommodation: an extra bedroom (16 sqm) with private bathroom with shower
- main entrance to the house
The kitchen of the house is 38 sqm and the owner chose to keep some original details here. Comfortable workspace and dining table space for 8 people: here you will enjoy learning the Greek cookery!
- From the kitchen and two stairs up you reach an elongated living room (20 sqm) with fireplace (which is also connected to water-borne heating system), space for a comfortable sofa bed for two, built-in shelves and a beautiful wooden floor. Lovely light through the narrow wooden windows and views of the sea and the garden
- From the living room and via stone stairs down you reach a bedroom (16 sqm) and private bathroom (5 sqm) with bath and a different design. This bedroom has its own door with access to a well-planned garden. Good to know for those who want to make adjustments: in the bathroom behind the road there is a small chamber that you can reuse. It is said that an English pilot was hidden in this house during World War II
- In the garden you will find a patio with marble tables, some fruit trees and orchards. Water is heated via solar panels and / or electricity and in the garden there is also a reserve water tank of 2000 liters
- The house is sold including furniture and appliances. The seller accepts bids around 199000 euros. Good to know: a bus from Kalamata has a stop on the main road, just before the secret walk to the house!
Other facts you should know about
- Price: 199000 €, sold furnished, bids accepted
- Building year: 1771, first renovation 1990. Then various improvement work
- Energy certificate: will be updated shortly
- Livingspace: 134 sqm
- Plot: 230 sqm
- Nearest grocery store: approx. 3 km
- Nearest Beach: about 2 km (walking distance 1 km) Pantazi Beach and about 7 km Stoupa
- Nearest tavern: about 2 km more in Agios Nikolaos and about 7 km more in Stoupa
- Kalamata: approx. 48 km
- Kalamata Airport: approx. 60 km
- Athens Airport: approx. 314 km
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows the area
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Riglia, Agios Nikolaos, Messinia Mani, Peloponnese, Greece
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is this beautiful and unspoilt small fishing village. Perfect destination for you who want to leave the stressful everyday life behind you and here are warm, wonderful summers and mild winters. The village was also called Selinitsa, which means "little moon" or little Eleni: "Selinitsa, the moon shakes when it hears your name, while Paris caresses Eleni". According to history, when Paris and Helena (Eleni in Greek) decided to escape from Sparta, the port of Agios Nikolaos was the one they fled to and from here they sailed on to Troy.
Agios Nikolaos has a lot of taverns and cafes that are open all year round and all are located around the harbor. In the village you will also find: hospital, pharmacy, ATM, two supermarkets, patisserie, butcher, bike rental and gas station. Everything you need for the moment. The nearest sandy beaches are Voulimeneas and Pantazi but there are more places for those who love to swim, snorkel or sunbathe.