Permanent or summer accommodation? This well-kept house and garden with fruit and vegetable gardens also offers you the opportunity for an extra income: on the ground floor there is a detached apartment with two bedrooms that can be rented all year round! And the magnificent garden will be loved by both you and your tenants! The house is located on a large plot (with the possibility to build a pool) and thanks to the well-grown garden, this private location is combined with proximity to neighbors. The property was completed in 2007 and the plot is a total of 2000 sqm. A different and exciting house design that combines traditional stone houses with modern house details. We guarantee that you will not be saddened by the view: here you see the majestic snow-capped Taygetos Mountains and a clear azure blue water at the same time! "Life is really easy, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius
Property ID: EKJ1511, Lefktro, Stoupa, Messinia Mani
The house is built on three floors and is located between Stoupa and Agios Nikolaos in a quiet and well-kept area with many international neighbors and good internet connection (24 mbps).
- Ground floor consists of a private apartment with kitchen, open living room, shower room / toilet and 2 bedrooms (1 room with AC) and is rentable. The apartment also has a washing machine, a small storage room for suitcases etc as well as its own patio. The apartment can be rented out for about 100 Euro / night during high season or monthly during low season as it has central heating with oil.
- The mezzanine has a kitchen and living room with fireplace and a spacious toilet (with possibility to mount a shower) and a small storage room. The kitchen has a dishwasher and an integrated oven. The whole floor feels very airy and bright. You walk from the kitchen to a generous balcony that runs around the entire floor. Spectacular sunsets just before the evenings are promised!
- The upstairs consists of 2 large bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and A / C as well as a large bathroom with washing machine. Both bedrooms have private balconies and terraces overlooking the Gulf of Messina
The entire property is surrounded by a stone wall. In the garden there are three large patios, of which the one outside the apartment is used regularly for social purposes. There is also a large shaded carport at the entrance to the property. On the plot there is room for a total of 4 cars and a boules court that can be easily replaced with a pool. Advantageous housing and heating costs: property tax 480 Euro / year and oil consumption 600 liters per year.
Other facts you should know about
- Price: 397500 €, bids accepted
- Building year: 2007
- Energy certificate: Delta (delta)
- Recent renovation: the entire house facade is painted regularly and kitchen appliances changed in 2020
- Livingspace: 204 sqm, three floors
- Plot: 2000 sqm
- Garden: 30 large olive trees (gives about 100 liters of olive oil per year), 4 lemon trees, 3 orange trees, 1 peach tree, 1 grapefruit tree, 1 apricot tree. There are also vines in the garden with both red and white grapes. Also a small vegetable land with potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and zucchini
- Nearest beaches: Stoupa (sandy beach) and Agios Nikolaos (pebble beach). Both about 1,5 km from. house
- Kalamata Airport: 60 minutes by car
- Athens airport: 3,5 hours by car
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
- Useful Links: FAQ buyers, Blogger tips buyer, Stay or move to Greece
Frigano, Stoupa, Peloponnese, Greece
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or about 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) is the unspoilt village of Stoupa with warm, glorious summers and mild winters. With two lovely sandy golden beaches (as well as several smaller beaches), this once sleepy village has become more and more popular as a tourist destination but still retains the genuine Greece.
Stoupa is located in a fascinating area called Mani. This is the only part of Greece that has never been conquered by invaders. The population, the Maniots, built tower houses (so-called Mani-towers) where they took shelter during the countless local feuds that were fought here. Some of these Mani towers have been restored and can still be seen in the area. The author Nikos Kazantzakis who wrote Zorba the Greek when he lived here and his statue can be seen looking over Kalogria beach. For history lovers, Stoupa is ideally located for visiting such fascinating places as Olympia, Mystras or Ancient Messini. Do you want to read more about the region's history? Go to our sister site: Guide to the Peloponnese or read more about our other areas.