For those who want to stay in Greece a little longer: rent a well-kept house with pool, enjoy the sea, the tranquility and the sun in Mani, the Peloponnese! Magnificent views of Taygetos and the Gulf of Messenia, a paradise for all who love sunsets. The house is rented for a minimum of 3 months and at the same time it gives you the opportunity to try the real Greek life and find peace and balance. The house consists of two floors with two detached apartments, you can rent the first floor (90 sqm): perfect for you who want to wake up to the sea view, start the day with a swim in the generous pool or practice yoga in the garden.
Park your car and walk to the beach and taverns: here you are close to beautiful walking distances and lovely, not overcrowded beaches. Up to four people can stay in the house: note that pets are not allowed and smoking is only allowed outdoors! The house is perfectly suited for winter rentals: there is central heating (oil) and A / C units that are used for both cooling and heating. Just behind the house there is a nice hiking trail to the nearby village of Kotroni and to the mountain villages of Pigi and Platsa.
Property ID: AR1020, "Annika's Silence", Agios Dimitrios
In the house you will find:
- two bedrooms with large closets: one with two beds and exit to the terrace, the other with two beds and the view towards Taygetos
- a large bathroom with shower and washing machine
- a bright and comfortable hall with fitted wardrobes
- a large living room (open floor plan) with access to the pool and terrace
- a kitchen with dishwasher and dining area and exit to the terrace
Price in euros and per month and payment terms
Minimum stay from 1 June to last September is one month and from 1 November to last May three months. You pay at the time of booking and via bank transfer a monthly rent in advance and a monthly rent in a refundable damage deposit (no damage: damage deposit is deposited in your bank account on the day of departure). The full amount is refundable if cancellation is made 60 days before arrival. Then no refund. Remaining monthly rents must be paid by bank transfer on the first day of the month.
- From November 1 to the end of May: 700 €
- From June 1 to the end of September: 2200 €
The price does not include consumption of electricity, water and heating oil: you will pay directly to the House Manager against presented receipts. The cost of (WiFi 35 € per month) and house cleaning (1 time per month, about 3 hours and 50 € at a time) is also added and must be paid to the House Manager. If you want to feed the house cat Olivia (an outdoor cat), you do not have to pay for WiFi. Do you want to use the pool? It costs 150 € per month (in addition to the cost of electricity for the pump) during the period from 1 June to 1 October and the pool service company will take care of cleaning once a week. Please note that the house is rented until the end of October 2021.
Useful information and links:
- Garage: not included in the rental. You park the car at the house
- Energy certificate: E
- Pool: 12 meters x 3,20 meters
- Nearest tavern: approx. 1 km
- Nearest Beach: about 1 km. A nice walk through the olive groves in about 15 minutes
- Nearest grocery store: approx. 2 km
- Peloponnese's travel and visiting tips from Elwira and Elias
- Travel to Messinia by bus or rental car from Athens Airport
- Travel to Messinia by flight from / to Kalamata
- Note: the map does not indicate the exact location but only shows area!
Agios Dimitrios / Agios Nikolaos, Peloponnese, Greece
On the southern coast of the Peloponnese in Greece and about 60 minutes drive from the nearest airport in Kalamata (or 3,5 hours drive from Athens International Airport) are these beautiful and unspoilt small fishing villages. Perfect place for you who want to leave the stressful everyday life behind you and here are warm, wonderful summers and mild winters. Agios Dimitrios is a small village with a small picturesque harbor. In ancient times it was known as "Pefnos" and belonged to King Tyndareus. Pausanias tells of a bronze statue on a rock in the sea, (Dioscuri) which not only represented the king's sons Castor and Pollux but also the place where Beautiful Helena was born. Read more under the link here.
Agios Nikolaos has a lot of taverns and cafes that are open all year round and all are located around the harbor. In the village you will also find: hospital, pharmacy, ATM, two supermarkets, patisserie, butcher, bike rental and gas station. Everything you need for the moment. The nearest beaches are Pantazi and Voulimeneas.